When it comes to engagement rings, diamond is the number one choice or the dream of many. However, most of us are aware that diamond rings are costly. Meaning, not everyone can afford a diamond engagement ring. Aside from that, some people are searching for other beautiful engagement rings that are not diamond. Those who want to break away from the traditional diamond, but are looking into finding a new style that would suit their needs and tastes perfectly.
If you are one of the people who are looking for beautiful, colorful, and unique non-diamond engagement ring options, there are lots you can find. Well, nothing can technically match the strength of a diamond ring. Still, there are some non-diamond ones that can offer similar strength and beauty, making them gorgeous diamond engagement ring alternatives. If you are looking for a non-diamond engagement ring to put a little twist on tradition, here are some of the best we can recommend.
Ruby Engagement Rings
Ruby is one of the best non-diamond engagement rings because it is in the color red. Red is known to be the color of passion, making it a ruby engagement ring meaningful. On the scale of hardness, rubies rank a 9. There are also many celebrities who have ruby engagement rings. Some of them are Jessica Simpson and Katy Perry.
Here are some beautiful ruby engagement rings you can check out:
- Gem Stone King 10K White Gold Ruby Engagement Ring
- Dazzling Rock Collection 10K Ruby Engagement Ring
- Gem Stone King 14K Yellow Gold Ruby Engagement Ring
- Gem Stone King Accent 3 Stone Ruby Engagement Ring
- Allurez 14L Cushion Cut Halo Ruby Engagement Ring
Sapphire Engagement Rings
Sapphire is a gemstone that is popular for its blue hue, but it also comes in colors pink and yellow. It also ranks 9 on the scale of mineral hardness, and it is one of the most scratch-resistant and durable materials after diamond. One of the people who’ve made sapphire engagement rings popular is Princess Diana in Kate Middleton’s iconic sapphire engagement ring.
Here are some of the gorgeous sapphire engagement rings we found that you might like:
- Lanmi Unique 14K Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring
- Beyond Jewelry Natural Sapphire Engagement Ring
- POMPEII3 Vintage Black Sapphire Engagement Ring
- Angara Classic Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring
- Allurez 14K Gold Cathedral Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring
Quartz Engagement Rings
One of Earth’s most abundant minerals is quartz. It has different versions such as amethyst for the purple one, citrine for the yellow one, smoky quartz for the brown one, and more. There are also rutilated or tourmalinated quartz, which is clear with tourmaline inclusions. Those are perfect if you are looking for an edgier engagement ring. However, quartz is on the softer side because it ranks 7 on the hardness scale. Therefore, it is not ideal for people who are very active or clumsy.
Here are some of the most charming quartz engagement rings we found:
- Platinum Plated Smoky Quartz Engagement Ring
- 925 Sterling Silver Smokey Quartz Ring
- Gem Stone King Heart Shape Rose Quartz Silver Ring
- Ice Carats Purple Amethyst and Pink Quartz Diamond Ring
Morganite Engagement Rings
One of the most popular diamond engagement ring alternatives today is morganite. This gemstone has a warm, peach-pink hue that looks really good with a rose-gold setting. It can be worn every day with caution and care because it ranks 7.5 to 8 on the hardness scale. It is one of the timeless and romantic-looking engagement rings that she will surely love.
Here are some of the stunning morganite engagement rings we found:
- Allurez Halo Morganite and Diamond Accented Engagement Ring
- Dazzling Rock Collection Cushion Cut Morganite Engagement Ring
- GNG Jewel Oval Morganite 14K Rose Gold Ring
- Adisaer Round Morganite Rose Gold Engagement Ring
- Olivia Paris 1 Carat Cushion Cut Morganite Engagement Ring
- Gem Stone King Rose Gold Peach Morganite Engagement Ring
Tourmaline Engagement Rings
Tourmaline is one of the semiprecious stones that have a lot of hues. One the hardness scale, it is like quartz, which is also on the 7 to 7.5. Though tourmaline has many different colors, from bubble-gum pink to crimson, the most popular color for engagement rings is the green and blue-green ones.
Here are the best tourmaline engagement rings you might want to check out:
- Lanmi Green Tourmaline on Rose Gold Engagement Ring
- Gem Stone King Oval Green Tourmaline Engagement Ring
- Anazoz Pink Tourmaline Engagement Ring
- Fashion Strada Pink Tourmaline Engagement Ring
- Jewels for Me Round Pink Tourmaline Engagement Ring
Pearl Engagement Rings
If you are looking for a non-diamond but classic engagement ring, then you can opt for a pear one. It evokes elegance and timelessness. Aside from that, pearls are also linked to generosity, loyalty, and purity, making it an excellent choice for an engagement ring.
Here are some of the elegant pearl engagement rings you might want to check out:
- Diamond2Deal Genuine Pearl Engagement Ring
- Ice Carats Freshwater Cultured Pearl Engagement Ring
- The Pearl Source Round Genuine White Akoya Cultured Pearl Engagement Ring
- Angara Classic Round South Sea Cultured Pearl Engagement Ring
- The Pearl Source Freshwater Cultured Pearl Tessa Ring
Moissanite Engagement Rings
If you are looking for an engagement ring that has a similar look with a diamond ring, but you don’t want to keep up with the maintenance, or you’re on a budget, then a moissanite engagement ring is perfect for you. It is not a fake diamond. Instead, it is its own gemstone. It is a colorless stone that is also durable, making it perfect for everyday wear. One of the differences it has from a diamond is it has a higher refractive light index. This means that moissanite engagement rings are more sparkly compared to diamond ones.
Here are some of the fine-looking moissanite engagement rings we found:
- Kobelli Radiant-Cut Moissanite Engagement Ring
- Charles & Colvard Moissanite Round Halo Engagement Ring
- Kobelli Antique Style Moissanite Engagement Ring
- Charles & Colvard White Gold Moissanite Engagement Ring
- DovEggs Half Eternity Moissanite Engagement Ring
These are some of the best non-diamond engagement rings that she will surely love. All of these engagement rings look beautiful, and some are almost as sturdy as a diamond ring. These rings can also stand out because of being unique and stunning. They are perfect for those who are looking into breaking away from the traditional diamond engagement rings.